Thursday, March 4, 2010

NOTD: OPI Ink Suede

Oh my sweet polish.
I love this polish.

Ok, so I'm not a big OPI person.
Just kidding, I love them.. just can't afford them.
I have two OPI nail polishes.
One, the great color but PITA.. Gargantuan Green Grape.
GGG gave me horrible expectations for OPI.

But then my VNS order came.. and I decided I needed to give Ink Suede a try.
Probably the best decision I've ever made.
Because my camera is currently unavailable (read below for details), I'm going to be one of those cool ultra-detailed people.
(ps- I have compulsive line break and new paragraph disorder.. bear with me. [bare? baer?])

OPI Ink Suede is part of their (not new at all) Suede collection. I believe these were released with the matte polishes. Ink Suede is the suede version of the color Ink, but it looks nothing like it. IS is an amazing dark indigo color, with tiny microglitter that dries matte, giving it the suede finish. It seems like it should dry gritty, but it's perfectly smooth. It is very nicely pigmented, mine was perfectly applied in two coats. It's completely unique- I haven't seen anything like it. One downside though, is that it chips very easily and you can't apply a topcoat while keeping a suede finish.  A tip I picked up from the MUA board is to apply two coats IS, one coat topcoat, then one more coat IS. I feel like this would be too many layers though, so I'll just deal with the chipping.

I highly recommend this polish!
So go buy it.
Now.

<3

0 comments:

Post a Comment